Readers: this blog is set in the future (sometime after the year 2020). Each entry assumes there has been a 5th revolution in the US — the Revenge Revolution. More about the Revenge Revolution, a list of earlier revolutions and the author, Entry #1.
Periodically I write a “sense check” to assess whether in the next few years, a revolution in the US is still possible or whether the entire exercise is based on a statistical aberration — i.e., a roughly 50-year cycle between major upheavals in the US. Most recent sense check, Entry #365.
Some of the entries are part of a series. Several series are available as easy-to-read booklets for download:
- Working with Lee Iacocca after he left Chrysler, 2019Q3 Iacocca Personal Observations.
- GM EV1 — behind-the-scenes events affecting development and introduction of the GM EV1, the first modern electric vehicle. 2020Q1 GM EV-1 Story Behind the Story Booklet
- Coming technology tsunami and the implications for the US, Tech Tsunami Booklet with Supplement
- Trump Supporters Brainwashed? A series discussing why Republics have abandoned basic principals, Are Trump Republicans Brainwashed 2020Q1
- Who took out the Donald? Who/what groups are most likely to “take out” Trump? Who Took Out the Donald Entries with Update
- Revenge Revolution — description of what form the revolution might take, 20 01 07 Start of Revolution
ENTRY #370 BEGINS: Following formal acquittal of impeachment by the Senate, President Trump went on a wide-ranging, vicious attack spree. No one seemed immune. While most of his venom was directed at Democrats in the House, and those who testified against him, some Republicans were attacked, most notably Senator Mitt Romney.
Trump seemed unable to control himself on Twitter or in person. At a White House ceremony on the south lawn honoring service dogs, Trump began foaming at the mouth after being told one of the service dogs being honored had retired and now belonged to the Obama’s.
Trump demanded that the latest in a string of acting White House chiefs of staff point out the Obama’s dog, which was being escorted by its former handler. After the dog was identified, Trump lumbered toward the dog, pushed its handler aside and began biting the dog.
Secret Service agents were so startled, they watched in horror for a few bites, then managed to pull Trump off the dog. The agents escorted Trump, who was still foaming at the mouth, back into the White House.
The honoree dog was examined by a vet, who recommended that as protection against Trump’s apparent rabies, the dog should receive a series of shots.
In the White House, Trump, still foaming, refused to be examined, claiming he was smarter than any doctor and would diagnose himself to determine if he was rabid. Trump also claimed Obama’s dog had attacked him and should be impeached as a service dog.