Readers: The entries in this blog are built around the assumption there will be a 5th revolution in the US — the Revenge Revolution. More about the Revenge Revolution, a list of earlier revolutions and the author, Entry #1.
Periodically I write a “sense check” to assess whether a revolution in the US is possible or whether the entire exercise is based on a statistical aberration — i.e., a roughly 50-year cycle between major upheavals in the US. Entry #400 was the most recent “sense check.”
ENTRY #414 BEGINS
Lizzy Cheney got the axe
Kev McCarthy gave her 40 whacks
But wasn’t Lizzy a rising star
Expected to go quite far?
She’s got a Republican pedigree
All the time on daddy’s knee
What’d she do that was so wrong?
Sing a tune from some bad song?
Her song consisted of a single note
The truth about the people’s vote
The truth about some washed up coot
Yet, for the truth she got the boot
It’s so hard to understand oh why
Republicans said to her goodbye
Telling the truth seems so wise
So much better than all those lies
What do Republicans really believe?
That normal voters are that naive?
What happens next is hard to know
Will democracy take another blow?
When will all the craziness stop?
Or is the US experiment going to flop?
Booklets you might find interesting.
- Trump Supporters Brainwashed? A series discussing why Republicans have abandoned basic principals, Are Trump Republicans Brainwashed 2020Q1 Related article published 10/07/20. Op-Ed piece in NYT about how people bend their thinking to justify beliefs. Example is Fox News Information about Covid-19, 20 10 07 Fox News Still in Coronavirus Bubble aka Brainwashed
- Who took out the Donald? Who/what groups are most likely to “take out” Trump? The booklet was written early in the Trump administration but still worth a read. Who Took Out the Donald Entries with Update
- Revenge Revolution — description of what form the revolution might take, 20 01 07 Start of Revolution
- Working with Lee Iacocca after he left Chrysler, 2019Q3 Iacocca Personal Observations.
- GM EV1 — behind-the-scenes events affecting development and introduction of the GM EV1, the first modern electric vehicle. 2020Q1 GM EV-1 Story Behind the Story Booklet Note: in January 2021, GM announced that by 2035 all light-duty cars and trucks sold by GM worldwide will be electric.